Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Itchy!

I'm going to Seattle tomorrow for a conference. Yes, yet another LDS singles conference. I promise I'll attend at least some of this one. I signed up to be in the choir :) While I'm there I'll be seeing a dear old friend, and in an effort to look my best I decided to splash out and go with my bff for a girly afternoon at the local beauty college yesterday. The mani and pedi were fantastically relaxing, but something that was used during the facial treatment has not agreed with my skin and now I look like Freddy Kruger. OK, that might be a slight exaggeration, but my face is red and puffy. And itchy. Very itchy. Happily, I'm reasonably certain that this friend loves me no matter what I look like. He's seen me in every stage of hideousness, from the Lucille Ball orange hair disaster to stomach flu ickiness to dishevelled tramping through the rain drippiness. He hasn't shunned me yet, so I suspect we will survive this new hideousness just fine. It's just so typical though, isn't it? The worst possible time for an allergic reaction. I'll be the belle of the ball at the conference :D

No comments:

Post a Comment