Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Woot Woot!

Miracles do occur! I finally sold 2 book sculptures on Etsy. These two beauties have found new homes :)


I hope their new owners are pleased with the real articles. And I hope they arrived intact :0 I sent them off last week and haven't heard back from either of them if they survived the shipping process or not. I've been toying with the idea of closing my Etsy shop, since I hadn't sold anything AT ALL since I opened. Now I'm not sure what I will do. I'd like to find a local venue to sell at. That way people are seeing exactly what they're getting and I don't have the hassle of shipping. But this pesky day job keeps me from having the time or energy to pursue it more actively. And I guess part of my reluctance is shyness about the validity of my craft/art. On Etsy I can post anonymously and no one can tell me what I do isn't worthy. If I go to the local art/craft places here and say, hey can I display here, they might look at my stuff and sneer... yeah, yeah, I know - man up. If I don't have confidence in my art I can't expect anyone else to.

No comments:

Post a Comment