Sunday, April 19, 2015

Update

I suppose I should probably do some sort of update about actual life events.  Let's see... 

Eclectic NW:  that retail shop that was going to sell my book art that I was so excited about turned out to be a complete fiasco.  They were only open for about a month, they didn't return any of the 3 months worth of rent all the 200 vendors paid to get the thing started, they destroyed about half of my very fragile inventory.  I will never do retail again.  At least not like that.  I so appreciate Paige at Pegasus Gallery here in Corvallis.  She has always been very gentle with my stuff and very respectful and supportive of me.  

The flower shop:  A little over a year ago, I sold my half to my business partner's husband and now they run it together and are doing very well.  It was just too much for me to do that and have a full time job.  I was spread too thin and shortchanging everyone, most of all myself, so for my own health and sanity, I happily walked away. 

Bus driving:  At the end of last year I quit driving city transit and took a training course to become a driver education instructor.  I've always liked the idea of teaching people to drive, particularly a defensive driving program that makes the roads safer for everyone.  I know what it's like to lose someone to a car collision, and if I can keep that from happening to just one person ever because they were driving defensively, my life will not have been in vain.  I now do behind the wheel instruction through Linn Benton Community College.  Yay :)

Gall bladder:  a little over a month ago I went to the ER with severe abdominal pain and all the fun excretions that come with that situation.  They did an ultrasound and found a MASSIVE gall stone.  They admitted me to the hospital, where I languished for 4 days while they bumped my surgery time and again for more pressing cases that came through the doors.  Gunshot wounds, exploding appendixes... I guess I'll allow it.  Anyway, they finally removed my gall bladder and the enormous stone it contained.  Did I mention that it was big?  The doctor said it was the largest he'd ever removed, so yay me!  I win :)  If you want to see a photo, go here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153172910754106&set=a.10151107844949106.460369.559219105&type=1&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment