Sunday, June 27, 2010

What a waste of time!!

I hate technology. Really. Life would be so much simpler without all these 'time saving' gadgets that really just mean there is more and more meaningless drivel with which to fill our time. Of course, without technology I wouldn't be here ranting to you tonight.

I just spent the last 4 hours trying unsuccessfully to install a webcam on my computer. My dear friend's birthday is tomorrow/today, (he is in Finland, so he's 10 hours ahead -ish) and he's been after me for months... years to get a webcam so we can skype. I have no desire to be visible while we are chatting. I like being able to loll about in my underwear and stuff my face and multitask and mostly to react to things privately before deciding how to respond publicly, so I have been dragging my feet. I thought it would be nice to give him his wish for his birthday and to call him before he left the house for the day. Hah! Not going to happen. Ah, well, it's the thought that counts, and as he didn't even remember my birthday this year I feel no guilt for my failure. Poo poo poo on microsoft and their stupid poopy technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment