Thursday, June 10, 2010

News

I haven't posted because there's nothing new in my life but these:


I made the stand out of a clothes hanger with a pair of pliers :)
The following are 3 versions of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. The town's used book stores are now vacant of illustrated copies of this book :O




Currier and Ives' America. I felt no compunction in mutilating this book. Some of the paintings were pretty un-pc to the point of being offensive, mostly the ones dealing with Native Americans and with women suffragettes. I know it was the mindset of the times, but Grrrrr! It's better as sculpture :)

This understated beauty is perhaps my favorite.







Sadly, many people are looking at my site, and even liking it, but no one is buying :( Boo hoo. But I'm still hopeful. It's only been a few weeks since I opened shop.
It's not strictly true that there is nothing new in my life. I am going to be a great aunt. WooHoo! My niece is pregnant and the world rejoices. My mum is so happy she could burst and my sis in law is going to need cheek replacement surgery because she's going to wear hers out with grinning from ear to ear. My brother strenuously objects to being called Grandpa by anyone except the actual grandchild, and at 43 one can hardly blame him.
Also new - my Dad and his lovely wife are moving to Hawaii in August. Yeah!! I've always wanted to go there but never had a good excuse. He got a job at the university in Honolulu, so it's goodbye snow and hello sun. Grad school in Hawaii... hmmm.... Well, since Lost is done filming there there's less of a draw to live there ;) Lost. Don't get me started.

No comments:

Post a Comment