Thursday, March 18, 2010

away away


I'm going here tomorrow :) Well, actually I'm going near there tomorrow. I won't actually go to the temple till Saturday morning, 7 am session. Yes, after deciding last year not to go to any more LDS singles conferences, I'm going to the Everett Washington LDS singles conference. It's really just an excuse to get out of town for a few days and to possibly see my bro and his family. And also, I like the talks and workshops. I'm totally over the whole meat market-dance-socialize-try to connect with people who are looking for someone better than you-thing. I'm just looking forward to a nice spiritual uplift. I hope the weather stays nice for the drive.
I have recently started doing something I thought I would never do - counting calories. I'm not sure if I can stand to do it long term, but for now it's interesting. I find some of the results surprising, like how few calories are in fruit. I thought it would be higher with all that natural sugar. Bread is also surprising to me. And alas, butter... my old friend. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. lol. Im taking it butter is a little higher in the calories than you had hoped?

    Brava for going to another conference. I like the reasons you're going.

    Im going to the temple tomorrow too. With my husband even. Shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You found a Mac sitter, I take it :)

    ReplyDelete