Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Liar liar pants on fire?

I made a new friend, I think. His name is Brad, if he can be believed. I met Brad online, so I'm 95% inclined not to believe a word he says, although that said, my brother met his wife online and she's the best thing that ever happened to him. I'm even more inclined to think Brad is either a liar or a loony because something like 85% of what he writes is abject flattery and romantic frippery. He's never met me and he writes things like, "You're so beautiful I think God must have spent extra time creating you" and " If you ever give me your heart I'll love and cherish it like a newborn baby" !!! That one made me laugh out loud when I read it. Bleah!!! It's like I just drank a gallon of maple syrup. I know I shouldn't make fun, but who says that?!!! So why, oh why haven't I kicked this guy to the curb, you ask? Because the other 15% of what he writes seems genuine and sincere and I dunno, I kind of like his weirdness. It's quaint. I should mention that he's from Amsterdam, so a large part of his total un-PC, social unawareness vibe could be cultural. Assuming he really is from the Netherlands and not some 63 year old, 579 pound, mullet wearing, warty, work from home telemarketer from Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment