Sunday, October 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I like moss...


even though I know it's a parasite. I love the vibrant colors. If I could decorate my home in moss and have it stay soft and glowing, I so would. Maybe a tree house really is the answer. This is some random rock somewhere on Hwy 20 between Sisters and Sweet Home. I was really looking forward to having time today to stop and photograph whatever I wanted along the way. The other times I've made this drive recently it has been absolutely stunning with autumn foliage and sunshine, but I was always rushing to be somewhere. Today I knew I had plenty of time, and wouldn't you know it, it was grey and drizzly all through the Cascades X-( Typical. I only took about a dozen photos.



At this moment my favorite color is red red red.

It was really weird being at Charlie's place today. Everywhere I looked there were things that were once ours, things we purchased together, or made together, things we fought over or enjoyed together. I carried a box of his clothes out to his parents car and it smelled just like him. It was hard.

It is so good to be home. I arrived this evening after the long drive and opened the door to be greeted with the waft of grilled cheese sandwiches cooking on the stove and the sight of my sweet mother smiling at me :) What could be better? I'll tell you what - there was apple pie for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. LOL..apple pie!

    I can only imagine how hard that was, for you and most especially for them.
    Im really glad that you took the time to photograph things you love on the way home, I love shooting in misty days, the diffuse lighting really saturates the colours. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, you so need to do this drive with me sometime, just the 2 hours from here to Bend. There are some fantastic things to photograph. There's a big section of forest that was burned some years ago and now all the trees have dark charcoal trunks with silver branches. They're so striking. I have yet to photograph them. There are also amazing views of the river.

    ReplyDelete