Sunday, September 27, 2009

I heart Oregon

I love where I live. I think it's one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I suppose I'm biased. I've lived lots of places and have found beauty everywhere I've been, but some places it takes work to find it. Here it's just there, everywhere you look. Lucky me :)



Of course, Oregon's got nothing on New Zealand. Sorry if that makes me unpatriotic, but so it is. NZ is the only place I've ever come back from and thought home looked a bit drab.

I should be at church. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have a really hard time going lately. Actually, I know exactly what my problem is, but it's no excuse. My problem is that I work 6 days a week in the service industry, smiling and being polite to strangers all day. I should mention that I'm an introvert, so this requires effort on my part. The last thing I want to do on my day off is to go into a crowd of people and smile and make small talk, even if it's loving, supportive people like my ward. I just want some solitude. But that's selfish, and I should just get over myself and go. It's not as though I don't believe in the gospel. I do. I know church is where I should be, that it would do me good, that I'd be happier if I went, that work would seem less onerous to me. So why am I still here?


3 comments:

  1. I know that feeling. When I worked at Jecks place and teaching first aid I felt the same way...give give give. But at some point we do have to get over ourselves and be obedient. Even if thats the only reason to go. But you know all that. etc etc. Maybe you could start your own churhc, the church of Jesus Christ of the staying in bed saints. I'd join!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I love Oregon too, it is a stunning place to live.... and I am from New Zealand, I KNOW stunning! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. The church of lazy ass saints. The whole world would join. (I'm waiting for the lightning bolt)

    ReplyDelete