Monday, September 21, 2009

Paris

In late June I took a long anticipated holiday. I mean LONG anticipated, like since birth. I've wanted to see more of Europe since I knew what Europe was, so it was a dream come true, and the fact that I got to share it with my very mellow, perfect travelling companion friend Gail made it that much more fabulous. The only fly in the ointment was that it wasn't a year long holiday, but rather 10 short days. We went to Paris, and then Gail showed me around northern Italy, where she was living at the time.

I'd like to post some photos, but I don't want to dump 200 images on you all at one whack, and I can't figure out how to make a photo album link on the sidebar, so I think I'll maybe go by cities. Brace yourself for a snoozefest of someone else's holiday photos ;) Let's start with...

PARIS

La Tour Eiffel - she is just as impressive in person as she is in photos. Elegant and gorgeous. We were so happy to go to the top, and we only had to wait 3 hours in line to get there!

I was obsessed with these arches. I took fifty billion photos of them. I heart them.

The gates at Versailles - as close as we got. The line was obscenely long and it was about a billion degrees outside. I was disappointed to miss renting a golf cart to speed around the grounds, but we did have lunch in the village with the world's snootiest waiter, which amused us greatly. My mum said this looked like the gates of Heaven :)

The Musee d'Orsay - so much cooler than the Louvre. I LOVED it here. Must return someday.




Notre Dame - Quasimodo needs new digs because I want to move in here.

I was surprised by how much color there was inside Notre Dame. I had expected the color scheme to me more like...


this.
Love the arches, love the candles, love the columns. Sigh. Wonder what the rent would be... probably costs a fortune to heat.
Tune in tomorrow for the continuing saga.

2 comments:

  1. ah Paris... the higlight of my life in Italy lol. Well actually I had some wonderful times with my family in Europe, but Paris with a BFF... a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete