Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Milan

I liked Milan. It seemed more relaxed than the other cities we visited. Perhaps because it is somewhat off the beaten tourist path, there seemed to be more breathing room there.





The Duomo in Milan - this building took my breath away. The photos don't do it justice. It's huge!!! and fantastically beautiful. I loved the inside of Notre Dame, but the outside of this building has Notre Dame beat hands down.


The door. Looks like the baroque fairy threw up on it, eh? The entire ouside of the building is COVERED. The detail is unbelievable.


The only decent interior shot I got of the duomo. There are these awful naked bulbs all over the ceiling that make interior shooting with a puny camera like mine pointless.


The roof :)








My favorite gargoyle. Isn't he cute?


My mother hates this photo. I like it :D Dunno why.
Tomorrow - Venice.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your reaction to La Duoma di Milano. Perfetto. I does takes ones breathe away, absolutely. And I love the lined up bicycles too, but I guess for me its because it reminds me of Europe so very much. But the perspective is great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day maybe I'll be able to take someone there and watch their reaction instead of being so wrapped up in my own experience I don't notice the people around me :D

    ReplyDelete